Glenside Ecological Services Limited
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT/ ENVIRONMENTAL SITE ASSESSMENT/ FISH HABITAT ASSESSMENT
Glenside has over 20 years of experience conducting environmental impact assessments, environmental site assessments and fish habitat assessments in accordance with the planning process. The following details the general outline of these reports and lists the studies that were defended at the Ontario Municipal Board. All studies were defended successfully.
Environmental Impact Assessments/ Site Evaluation Reports/ Fish Habitat Assessments/ Peer Reviews
Upper and Lower Tier Municipal Governments/ Private Landowners
- Conducted extensive floral and faunal inventories to determine the presence and relative abundance of wildlife species/groups and assessed their sensitivity to proposed development;
- Identified habitat functions (wildlife corridors, riparian areas, wetlands and forest interior) and key habitat features;
- Conducted analysis to identify environmental constraints and development opportunities;
- Recommended mitigation techniques and protective measures to ensure wildlife species/groups, significant habitat and other natural functions and features were not compromised;
- Peer reviewed reports focusing on scientific methodology, data supported conclusions, and conformation of constraints and recommended mitigation with federal, provincial and municipal policy and ecologically sound practices.
Ontario Municipal Board Hearings
- Expert Witness – Proposed Quarry, Breeding Bird Survey. Township of Galway, Cavendish and Harvey, ON. Project 12008. 2012;
- Expert Witness – Proposed Quarry, Lochlin Provincially Significant Wetland, County of Haliburton, ON. Project 06031. 2007;
- Expert Witness – Proposed Subdivision, Elephant Lake Provincially Significant Wetland, County of Haliburton, ON Project 03019. 2006;
2490 Horseshoe Lake Road, Minden, Ontario K0M 2K0
Tel: 705-286-3181 | Email:email@example.com | Web: www.glenside-eco.ca