Glenside Ecological Services Limited
Glenside Ecological Services Limited provides a comprehensive set of data management consulting services for clients in the fields of wildlife and habitat biology. Glenside offers a variety of skills and areas of specialization – from simple data synthesis and summary, to the development of extensive relational databases and statistical analyses of complex data sets. Data management services provided include:
Glenside consolidates and compiles data collected from studies of wildlife, habitats and related projects. Developed in Microsoft Access, databases designed (or simply optimized) by Glenside are secure, user-friendly, and tailored to the needs of the client.
- Database design and development in requested format and platform;
- Error checking and cross validation; graphical plotting and residual examination;
- Relational database management (e.g. geographic coordinates, habitat variables, vegetation types and wildlife population data);
- Module/macro design using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) allowing for specific error handling, new functions, events based on return values and manipulation of data in a recordset on a record-by-record basis;
- Secure, customized search forms engineered to extract and summarize information in an interactive, simple and intuitive manner;
- User-friendly, interactive data entry forms for convenient manual input of future data, secure from entry errors and database corruption.
Data Summary and Analyses
In addition to database development, Glenside provides a wide range of analytical services. Graphical examination of data sets, statistical analysis, and simulation modeling are a few examples of the expertise provided by our personnel. Working closely with clients, Glenside develops accurate and effective answers to database questions faced by wildlife managers and biologists – and perhaps more importantly, addresses the limitations inherent in any data set.
- A wide variety of descriptive statistics and graphical profiles, exploratory statistics, power analysis;
- Hypothesis testing, regression analysis, analysis of variance (ANOVA);
- Before After Control Impact (BACI) analysis, time series analysis, repeated measures;
- Multivariate statistics, e.g. principal components analysis, cluster analysis;
- Analysis of radio and satellite telemetry data, species distribution modelling, multi-species habitat analysis, species richness mapping.
2490 Horseshoe Lake Road, Minden, Ontario K0M 2K0
Tel: 705-286-3181 | Email:firstname.lastname@example.org | Web: www.glenside-eco.ca